From Wikimania 2012 • Washington, D.C., USA
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikimedia regional conferences panel
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- E-mail address
- lodewijk at wmnederland punt nl
- Panel Members
- To be further defined (note: the panel members are still unclear because it is not sure who will be in Washington and who will not. Also, some conferences are going to happen between now and then, so I rather take a bit extra time and have a better panel that way. It should be clear though that there will be a great panel (enough experience in our communities!), the challenge is mainly to make it diverse enough - please contact me privately for more information)
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- A panel with (previous) organizers of regional Wikimedia conferences on a national or subnational level from various countries in the world. The organizers will share their experiences regarding the do's and dont's of organizing a Wikimedia conference. The panel will focus on 1 day conference style events of roughly 100-200 people attending. Experiences will be shared and coordination will be discussed. Questions will be accepted in advance through this page.
- The idea is to have a good conversation with the panel and the audience - not to have presentations. Maybe short introductions of 1 minute or so.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).