Submissions/Cooperation with OpenStreetMap
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Cooperation with OpenStreetMap
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- E-mail address
- kolossos ätt toolserver.org
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
The presentation will show shortly the work of en:Wikipedia:WikiProject Geographical coordinates and present the results of this data extraction: de:Wikipedia:WikiProjekt_Georeferenzierung/Wikipedia-World/en. The Wikipedia-World project is a project of the lecturer and use the interwikilinks to bring the coordinates to more than 270 languages. The result are directly included into Wikipedia over OpenStreetMap-integration.
This first part is important to understand from where we come and will only take 5 minutes. The second part of the talk show where we are going in the moment.
The presentation will give an overview about what we are doing with OpenStreetMap on Wikimedia Toolserver. The talk will speak about the future of geocoding inside Wikipedia and the highlighting of complex OSM objects inside the article: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WIWOSM
If there is time the presentation will also talk a about a project for multilingual maps funded by german Wikimedia Chapter, with the aim to get OSM in many languages and profit from this inside Wikipedia.
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Technology and Infrastructure
not sure. Please decide it for me.
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- Edsu (talk) 11:56, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Joshdoe (talk) 16:19, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Mike Linksvayer (talk) 17:44, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Tyng-Ruey Chuang (talk) 23:35, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Djembayz (talk) 13:44, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- Emw (talk) 20:22, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Polimerek (talk) 11:33, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.