Submissions/Local photo events panel
From Wikimania 2012 • Washington, D.C., USA
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Local Photo Events Panel
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Panel discussion
- Author of the submission
- Panel members
- Deror Avi (Israel): Elef Milim organizer.
- Lodewijk Gelauff (session leader; Netherlands): Wiki Loves Monuments coordinator and organizer of several local photo events in the Netherlands as part of that.
- Richard Knipel (United States): Organizer the first Wikipedia Takes The City - Wikipedia Takes Manhattan, and also other events in this vein. President of Wikimedia New York City.
- Benoit Rochon (Canada) : Organizer of Wikipedia Takes Montreal, A photographic scavenger hunt set to a hurricane.
- Srikeit Tadepalli (India): Wikipedia takes Ahmedabad organizer and admin on the English Wikipedia.
- E-mail address
- lodewijk at wmnederland punt nl
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- A panel discussion about local photo events such as Wikipedia takes the City and Photo Walks. Four or Five panel members who organized successful photo events throughout the world using different concepts will share their experiences and lessons on what works and doesn't work. Some previously defined themes will be covered (questions will be appreciated on this page) and questions from the audience will be possible too.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- GLAM and/or Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes for the panel. Preceeded by a few 10 minute presentations (3 or 4) of panel members (those presentations not included in the 45 minutes) - in total 75 min.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- See description above.
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
- maybe later.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Abbasjnr 11:52, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- Noopur28 (talk) 16:45, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
- Would be happy to share ta:Contest/en if i make it there - Logicwiki (talk) 15:14, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- --Kippelboy (talk) 09:17, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Rangilo Gujarati (talk) 11:05, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- HstryQT (talk) 16:33, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- Haxpett (talk) 23:33, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk) 11:00, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- CyrielB (talk) 21:49, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- Iopensa (talk) 11:23, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Will be able to share my experience with Wikipédia prend Québec that will take place in june. Letartean (talk) 19:02, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- JoBaWik (talk) 12:24, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
- Srikeit (talk)
- Polimerek (talk) 11:33, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
- Your name here!