This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- The Signpost, Wikipedia's community-driven newspaper
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Presentation and tutorial
- Author of the submission
Resident Mario 23:53, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Signpost is the English Wikipedia's community-driven newspaper. Like the rest of Wikipedia, is aims to be a balanced treatment of current Wikimedian news; as such, its pages combine the spheres of Foundation, charter, and community projects on all levels in a role that no other publication fulfills. This presentation aims to tell the tale of the Signpost's history, then get nitty gritty with the "how to": the paper's many sections, researching articles, technical tips, the publication process, and a spotlight on special research stories and op-eds. I will also encourage attendants to leave comments on a special page related to a story I will likely be doing on WM 2012, and maybe even help publish an op-ed of their experiences with the various WM 2012 fora, depending on attendance and commitment. (Note: this isn't 300 words long, but checking the other submissions they are of similar length, and I think this description is succinct). 
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Powerpoint would be nice.
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- NaBUru38 16:49, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 21:28, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- MikeLynch (talk) 18:10, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- Nikerabbit (talk) 13:55, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:34, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
- CutOffTies (talk) 16:02, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- --Guerillero | My Talk 20:47, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- the wub "?!"
- Graham87 (talk) 13:23, 31 March 2012 (UTC)