Submissions/The Untold Stories Behind Tiny Wikipedias: Khmer Wikipedia Wants Its Voice Heard
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- The Untold Stories Behind Tiny Wikipedias: Khmer Wikipedia Wants Its Voice Heard
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- OUM, Vantharith
- E-mail address
- km:User:វ័ណថារិទ្ធ on Khmer Wikipedia.
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- KDI School of Public Policy
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Greetings from Khmer Wikipedia! We are one of the tiny language projects in Wikimedia family which most of the time are left behind the corners with no or little support from others. We managed to start the movement, but couldn't grow up due to many aspects of issues and challenges. Thus, we would like to share everyone our own stories, from a perspective of a small language project - to have our voices heard and to open a floor for relevant stakeholders in our big family to help us out. Representing the tiny language projects, Khmer Wikipedia would like to call for supports in any forms - either training, capacity building... to help small language projects capable to promote the word of free knowledge and bring more awareness, engage more participants from relevant members of its own community of native language speakers. Thank you!
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Depending on the result of the scholarship.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).