Submissions/Wikisourceleaks - How Wikisource can play a supporting role in the public policy discussion
Not going to happen, since speaker could not come to Wikimania.
This is a withdrawn submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no. 511
- Title of the submission
- Wikisourceleaks - How Wikisource can play a supporting role in the public policy discussion
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Marcin Cieślak
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Internet Society Poland, Polish Wikipedia
I am a long-time Wikipedia editor, but this time I will be speaking from the point of view of the user.
This short presentation will show how Wikisource equipped with a software extension for proofreading can be a very useful tool to re-use public information published by the authorities.
We have successfully used Wikisource during the political turmoil in Poland around introduction of Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) in January-February of 2011.
As a political activist directly involved in the issue, I want to present how Polish Wikisource community supported our effort by publishing official government documents.
This is a very short presentaton. It could be also presented in a format of a lightning talk. If accepted, I would be happy to have this as one of the introductory talks in a session/panel dedicated to the future of Wikisource.
- Personal homepage or blog
- My page on Internet Society Poland
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wikis and the Public Sector
- Length of presentation/talk
- 5 minutes, 10-15 for questions and discussion
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).