Washington is a convenient site for an international conference, with numerous transportation options.
鐵路抵達：Amtrak runs out of Union Station, served by the Acela Express, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Carolinian, Crescent, Northeast Regional, Palmetto, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, and Vermonter services. Regionally, Washington is accessible through MARC Train and Virginia Railway Express.
巴士抵達：There are numerous affordable, non-stop, wi-fi equipped bus services between Washington and New York City. [http:// boltbus.com Bolt Bus] and [http:// www.dc2ny.com/ DC2NY] both pick up/drop off passengers near Union Station and DC2NY also has pick up/drop off at Dupont Circle. [http:// tripperbus.com/ Tripper Bus] and [http:// www.vamoosebus.com/ Vamoose] pick-up/drop-off in nearby Bethesda, Maryland and Rosslyn, Virginia.
公路抵達：Washington is also the hub of a national highway network, making it convenient for attendees to drive to Wikimedia. Interstate 495, the Capital Beltway, runs the perimeter of DC, and Interstate 95 connects DC with northeast corridor cities and the southeast United States. Cities within a 5 hour drive of Washington include Baltimore (1 hour), Richmond, Virginia (2 hours), Philadelphia (3 hours), Pittsburgh (4 1/2 hours), New York City (4 1/2 hours), Raleigh, North Carolina (4 1/2 hours).
- 華盛頓特區捷運: A convenient and fairly inexpensive way to get to the heart of DC. Fare ranges from $1.60 to $5.00, depending on the time of day and distance traveled.
- 捷運接駁公車: A bus system with stops throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area. Fare varies based on the bus route, $1.75 with cash and slightly less if you use a SmarTrip card. Express buses to the airport cost $6.00.
serves the Georgetown neighborhood, with routes along M St and Wisconsin Ave NW, connecting with downtown DC.
- 特區巡迴公車: A bus which connects various popular neighborhoods. Fare is $1.00.
- 首都單車出租: Capital Bikeshare is a bicycle sharing system with service in Washington, D.C. and Arlington County, Virginia. A one-day membership is $5.00, a five-day membership is $15.00, and usage fees range based on time per use.
- 計程車 are readily available and meters are used for fares. The starting rate is $3.00 for the first 1/6 mile, and $0.25 per additional 1/6 mile. The maximum fare is $19.00. Numbers for two taxi services are (202) 387-6200 and (202) 829-4222. ([http:// www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/interactives/taxifares/ Taxi Fare calculator])
- 步行 is another good option for getting many places, as Washington is a very walkable city.
- ↑ About Reagan National, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- ↑ Dulles International Airport, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- ↑ Nonstop Flights, BWI Airport