Bu alanı izleyin.
The room rate for Wikimania 2012 attendees is $189/night ($216.41/night with 14.5% hotel tax). You must reserve by June 18, 2012. There is no guarantee of availability after that date. If you reserve a room for 4 people is 229,4/night (plus taxes) so 57,35 per person (plus taxes), but there are two double beds, not 4 beds.
State Plaza Hotel
The State Plaza Hotel is located just three blocks away from the Marvin Center. Basic amenities are offered, including free wireless Internet access. Breakfast costs an extra $12/day. Two people can share a room at no additional cost, but there is a $20/night fee for triple occupancy.
The room rate for Wikimania 2012 attendees is $149/night ($170.61/night with 14.5% hotel tax) if you book before June 1. Between June 1-14, the rate is $159/night ($182.06), and between June 15-30, the rate is $169/night ($193.51).
Note that you may be able to get a cheaper rate if you book directly through the State Plaza Hotel website. If you can get a cheaper rate, do it that way, since the Wikimania conference is not affected one way or another.
St. Gregory Hotel
This very nice boutique hotel is only a 15 minute walk from the conference site, and you are still located close to Dupont Circle. The rate is $149.00 ($170.61/night with 14.5% hotel tax) until June 30th for single or double occupancy. Breakfast not included.
Kimpton Helix / Rouge
Stay at either one of these two boutique Kimpton hotels with a rate of $149.00 ($170.61/night with 14.5% hotel tax). The rate includes continental breakfast. Expect to walk 25 minutes to the conference site (very safe walk, flat terrain). Or take a cab (or share) for $10.00 each way and you'll still come out saving money. You are situated very close (10 minute walk) to the Dupont Circle Hotel, which is the hub of all after-conference activities.
- Websites for Rouge (1315 16th Street NW) and Helix (1430 Rhode Island Avenue NW)
- Kimpton Helix—Reserve your room for Wikimania
- Kimpton Rouge—Reserve your room for Wikimania
Washington D.C.'de çok sayıda uygun fiyatlarda pansiyonlar mevcuttur:
We have accommodations arranged for scholarship recipients at Hostelling International in Chinatown. (1009 11th Street NW, Washington, DC 20001). Due to overwhelming demand, we are only offering beds in the hostel to WMF or chapter scholarship recipients.
- From Dulles Airport (IAD)
- Take metrobus (5A) that goes to L'Enfant Plaza (or Rosslyn Metro) and then take the metro to McPherson Square. Walk 3 blocks to the hostel ($9 option).
- Take the Washington Flyer bus to West Falls Church, and then the metro ($15 option)
The hostel is located at 11th & K St NW, which is 4 blocks from the McPherson Square metro station (orange/blue line) and take the orange/blue line 2 stops to the Foggy Bottom metro. The hostel is also 4 blocks from the Metro Center (orange/blue/red) and 4 blocks from the Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro (red/green/yellow).
An even easier option for getting to GWU is the DC Circulator bus (red bus), which stops at 12th & K by the hostel and 21st & Pennsylvania Avenue by the venue.
It's a 20-minute walk from the hostel to the venue, taking you by the White House.
Unofficial lodging options
We do not have any group arrangements with these hostels, so you are responsible for your own reservation, transportation, and meals if you choose one of the following options.
- International House of United Tel, Shaw/Mount Vernon
- Washington International Student Center, Adams Morgan
- DC Trekker, Columbia Heights
- William Penn House, Capitol Hill
- DC Lofty, 2 Locations: Capitol View & Shaw/Mt. Vernon
- Allen Lee Hotel, 2224 F Street NW Washington, DC 20037 (one block from the conference location!). There are rooms per 2, 3 or 4 people x room. Prize per person night from 40 to 30 dollars depend on number of people and to share the bathroom or not. The Cheaptest option, still nice and very close to the conference location.
You can now stay at the State Plaza Hotel for only $95/night, including breakfast and Internet, if you sign up through Wikimedia DC to be paired with a roommate. Fill out this form if you are interested.