Our volunteers and organizing team are what will make Wikimania 2012 the best conference it can possibly be. In addition to performing vital functions and providing much-needed help, volunteers will aid with organization in the months leading up to the conference.
If you are interested in volunteering, fill out this form.
If you have any questions, contact dannywikidc.org
These volunteers will greet people as they enter the conference.
- Deror avi 15:43, 6 July 2011 (UTC)
- Kevin Cole (English, passable American Sign Language (ASL))
- Séhzad M. Sooklall (English and French)
- Bouras From Tunis/Tunisia
- Danny B.
- Balaji (English/Tamil/Hindi)
- Jason Spriggs English
- Benoit Rochon (Board of Wikimedia Canada as Coordinator, fr-N, en-4)
- GorillaWarfare (English)
- Shujenchang (English/Chinese)
- Bruce (English and Spanish)
- Mohamed Ouda (English and Arabic)
The Wikimania concierges will help with the on-site logistics. Duties include helping people navigate the venue, bringing water to the speakers, and making sure things are running in a timely manner.
- Deror avi 15:44, 6 July 2011 (UTC)
- MyNameWasTaken 17:22, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Danny B.
- Benoit Rochon
- Ocaasi (talk) 05:16, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 05:16, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
- ViviM I can help with sessions (tentative)
Tours and group dinners
These volunteers will be showing our attendees the best of D.C. Volunteers should be well-acquainted with sites in D.C.
Technical and A/V
Because we need to make sure our microphones, projectors, and computers are all working at Wikimania.
- Chad Horohoe. Long-time MediaWiki developer and now WMF contractor, worked on FlaggedRevs in support of its deployment on the English Wikipedia, and other miscellaneous projects; commits as demon.
- Manuel Schneider - been technical responsible at Wikimanias 2010 and 2011, did the videostreaming in 2007.
- Petr Bena - Developer, commits as petrb, in case I attend the conference, I would like to help with various tech stuff.
- Danny B.
- Jonas Xavier - I would like to help with various tech stuff.
- Benoit Rochon (Board of Wikimedia Canada as Coordinator, audio/video technician in life) I'm on vacation from the 6th to the 16th of July, and I'm willing to fly earlier to help the organization. Email me or use talk page.
- Kim Bruning I might be able to make myself useful (Contact me per wikipedia email)
- Kevin Cole I can help with American Sign Language (ASL) but not qualified for serious interpreting.
- Balaji I can help with Tamil to English and viceversa
- Vibhijain I can help in Hindi and Sanskrit
- DebashisM I can help in Hindi and Bengali
- ViswaPrabha I can help between Malayalam(ml-n), English(en-n), Hindi/Urdu(hi-n),Tamil(ta-2), Arabic(ar-2), Sanskrit(sa-2)
- Hindustanilanguage I can help in Hindi and Urdu.
- cherishsantosh I can help in marathi.
- Isha es-N, en-2
- Deror avi I can do Hebrew.
- Manuel Schneider de-N
- Cekli829 az-N
- Kiril Simeonovski mk-N
- Bojan Jankuloski mk-N, ru-4
- Cerejota es-N, en-5, several other lower proficiency in eurolanguages.
- Odisha1 or-N, hi-5
- Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy vi-N, ja-3, en-2
- Melberg I will help with Russian and Georgian.
- ViviM I can help with Greek. I also have some proficiency in other languages (mostly European)
- Bouras I can help in Arabic and French
- Danny B. cs-N, sk-3
- Adethya I can help with Tamil, Hindi and some Telegu - contact me in my Wikipedia page , User: Adethya
- Pouyana fa-N en-4
- Érico Júnior Wouters pt-N
- Dmitri Lytov ru-N, uk-N, en-4, fr-3, de-3, nl-2, es-2
- Ala_z pl-N
- Ganesh Paudel ne-N, hi-4, en-3
- Lanka-may I've worked as a simultaneous French to English translator, if needed.
- noroi zh-N, ja-2
Website and graphic design
Make this website pretty. We also need help designing awesome promotional media, t-shirts, etc. for Wikimania 2012.
Organizational and general help (pre- and during Wikimania)
If you want to help out, but you are not sure how, you can help with the pre-conference organization online as well as with volunteer support during Wikimania.
- Jeremyb. Vice President of Wikimedia NYC.
- Mindspillage. Wikimedia Foundation board member.
- Kevin Rutherford
- Kirill Lokshin. English Wikipedia editor and administrator since 2005. Wikimania attendee in 2006 and attendee/presenter in 2009.
- Patrick. Online student ambassador, able to help with local campus logistics.
- Qwerty0. Georgetown alum, DC resident.
- DebashisM. Am an Indian Lawyer - so can help out in any legal/ international transaction.
- ViswaPrabha. Most kinds of in situ technical quick fixes (Electrical power, Lighting, Audio,Visual,Networking, applications, Event crises)
- Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy. Ambassador Vietnamese project community (w:, wikt:, q:, b:)
- James F.. Eternal Wikimania attendee/presenter/organiser since 2005.
- Manuel Schneider whatever is needed, infrastructure, chapter scholarships, extra funds from AT/CH, code for the registration / scholarship websites...
- Kiril Simeonovski
- w:User:nasa-verve - editor since 2009, runs an engineering wiki (internal) at NASA Goddard, Maryland
- Psychology - internal review of the abstracts, done the same in 2010
- Séhzad M. Sooklall (English and French, Louisiana Resident)
- Srinivas Prasad Gumdelli - What ever help is needed on the day of the event; I can speak Telugu, Hindi and English
- Gregory Varnum aka varnent - intending to help with Hackathon, sponsorship recruitment, LGBT outreach and ...
- Danny B.
- Adethya - can help in which ever way the organizers want!!! - can help with translation also. Contact me in my Wikipedia page User:Adethya
- Abdul Rauf Whatever help related to urdu
- Balaji Would be delighted to Help the wikimania.
- Lakshmin I want to be a part of this unique opportunity and contribute in any manner possible.
- Zellfaze (talk) Will contribute in any way possible.
- Benoit Rochon (Board of Wikimedia Canada as Coordinator, fr-N, en-4) I'm on vacation from the 6th to the 16th of July, and I'm willing to fly earlier to help the organization. Email me or use talk page.
- DocTree Reside in NoVA but new to WikiMania; how can I help?
- TheBlueWizard Willing to help out whatever I can...leave a message on my Wikipedia user talk page for any contact or information regarding volunteering.
- Mitchazenia – WikiExpedition host, plus willing to help wherever needed including at the hostle if necessary. (Member of Wikimedia NYC, English Wikipedia/Commons admins and editor since 2005, speak only English).
- Thelmadatter putting my name here but prefer to help while Im in DC (Wed-Mon)
- GorillaWarfare I speak English, I'm relatively personable, I'll be there from 7/12-7/15. Let me know what I can do to help out.
- Argos'Dad I live in Northern Virginia and work near GWU. I speak English, Greek and rudimentary Spanish; editor since 2006.
- Beeblebrox (talk) 16:55, 30 June 2012 (UTC) I got one of the scholarships based on the idea that I wish to learn about what it takes to organize this event so I can bring to Alaska in a few years. Anything I can do to help out will further that goal.
- Sven Manguard (talk) Shoot me an email. I'm already in town.
- Ocaasi (talk) 05:15, 11 July 2012 (UTC) I'll be in DC from Wed-Sun. Happy to help out with anything not involving extensive knowledge of D.C.