We need volunteers
Find people, and get them to write their names on this page. (:
Things we need volunteers for:
- Announcing lunch (one-time job, around noon)
- Talkmeister for 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Tutorial on Git/Gerrit, by Chad Horohoe (^demon on IRC)
- Talkmeister for 2 PM - 3 PM: Tutorial on the lifecycle of a bug, and how the MediaWiki development community communicates, by Roan Kattouw
- Dinnermeister (one-time job, around 4 PM)
Explanations about roles and responsibilities
We'll ask for volunteers in the morning. Everyone should be made to feel welcome, and greeters should write names and interests on sign-up sheet in order to point people at others who can help:
- Maintain a sign-in sheet
- Discuss tasks list with newbies and make a recommendation for a think for them to work on
- This means the "Welcomers" should be familiar with the Task list
- There is a Welcome Table at the table nearest to the Grant Ballroom doors
- Find the speaker about 10 minutes before the talk, and make sure the speaker tests their computer against the projector.
- Five minutes before the talk, make sure the talk is announced in the main room, by voice and by IRC.
- Talk with the speaker to see if audio recording on the speaker's own laptop is possible, and test it to see if it works well enough that a transcript could later be made from it.
Your job is to look into dinner options.
We'd like to provide a recommended venue for dinner where most of the hackathon attendees go.
Around 4 PM, you'll be able to guess how many people we are, and you can call ahead to make a reservation or at least find out if they'll probably have space. If we can make an unofficial recommended group dinner spot, that'd be lovely!
When you've done your research, preferably explain the details to Asheesh before putting them on the wiki as the official unofficial dinner spot.
(If we have no dinnermeister, or the dinnermeister cannot come up with a good recommendation, it's not the end of the world. We can fall back on telling people "You're on your own," which is what the wiki already says anyway.)