Submissions/A wiki platform to develop, publish and update cancer treatment guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- A wiki platform to develop, publish and update cancer treatment guidelines
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Jutta von Dincklage
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Cancer Council Australia, Sydney, Australia
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Developing written cancer treatment guidelines is incredibly resource intensive, particularly full systematic literature reviews, where expert clinicians volunteer their time. The need to widely circulate cancer guidelines to stakeholders for input, while desirable, has also been problematic in delaying publication, which often makes guidelines out of date by the time they are published. Rapidly incorporating new evidence and publishing updated guideline versions is difficult to implement in a traditional print publication environment. Cancer Council Australia has been exploring the concept of "living" cancer treatment guidelines. A wiki platform, running on (Semantic)/Mediawiki and supporting user workflows through customised interfaces, has been developed to solve many problems in guidelines development. The platform supports all phases of cancer guideline development, including citation management, literature retrieval, evidence appraisal and synthesis, collaborative content development, commenting for experts and external stakeholders.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- Wikis and the Public Sector
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Yaron Koren 04:28, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen - WiR/OS (talk) 15:23, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:29, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
- Uploadvirus (talk) 22:08, 10 March 2012 (UTC) - (see Wikipedia for my User pages)
- Will heckle. Werdna (talk) 00:03, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- AutoGyro (talk) 02:19, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.