Submissions/Connecting One Billion Wikipedians
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Connecting One Billion Wikipedians:
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Abhinav Srivastava
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune.
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In the midst of sweeping technological reforms all around the Indian sub-continent, an active Wikipedia could be teenagers next past-time after social networking. The state incentive to provide cheap tablet computers and the 3G technologies in place could help in connecting almost 1 billion more wikipedians. An active concept of workshops( just like Wikipedia Club Pune) could help in educating the young masses and enabling them an environment for passionate Wikipedians (Wiki-holic).
My presentation would be supported by Statistics in general and the technological reforms happening in Indian sub-continent (Indian, Srilanka, Bhutan, China, Bangladesh). How the largest human work-force could help transform the largest encyclopedia. Some analysis based on Indian stories as to how the world's fastest developing countries could be the fastest editors spot. My presentation would further carry several diversified statistics and stories of India Education Program with a SWOT analysis in place to overcome the difficulties that happened so far. Creating a free volunteer campaign that connect 1 billion new Wikipedia's.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Depends upon scholarship provided
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Will provide later
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
- Can present anytime
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- NaBUru38 15:40, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:16, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- Carolmooredc (talk) 14:37, 16 March 2012 (UTC) Not to mention all the other NON-NoAmer/Brit/Aussie/ English speakers on the planet. Rep from one of those groups helpful.
- -- ♪Karthik♫ ♪Nadar♫ 19:26, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- AbhiSuryawanshi (talk) 18:26, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Rangilo Gujarati (talk) 18:21, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.