Submissions/Future of the Collection Extension
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Future of the Collection Extension
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- presentation / panel
- Author of the submission
- Christoph Kepper
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- PediaPress GmbH
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
In a recent survey among Wikipedia readers, a large percentage of respondents expressed their interest in using Wikipedia offline (41%) and export articles to PDF (40%). Technically, this functionality is already provided by the collection extension, but obviously many users do not know about this feature and do not use it.
Maybe we need to fundamentally question our assumptions on the way the collection extension currently works and come up with something that is significantly easier to use. This naturally entails changes in labeling, functionality and placement of the collection extension in mediawiki.
In a short presentation I want to show the current status of the new collection extension and talk about perspectives for future developments.
- * Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Collection Extension 2 on mediawiki.org
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Yaron Koren (talk) 15:06, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
- Saper (talk) 22:44, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Zellfaze (talk) 17:36, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Juttavd (talk) 03:29, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Edhral (talk) 22:12, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Solstag (talk) 04:17, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- He!ko (talk) 07:01, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
- Your name here! SarahStierch (talk) 02:14, 22 March 2012 (UTC)