This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Genesis & Update on India Program - WMF's Catalyst Project in India
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Hisham Mundol
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Consultant, WMF
- Personal homepage or blog
- India Program
- Abstract This presentation will present the India Program.
The India Catalyst project was started in 2011. The team has just reached a strength of 5 and has/is/will be undertaking a series of initiatives in the areas of Indic languages, outreach, education as well as communications / media & PR / social networks / digital outreach. This project is a first for WMF. There is enormous potential in India - but it's context, diversity and scale also present significant challenges. There are a series of experiments and pilots that the team is working on or going to work on.
Specifically, it will present the following for the catalyst project
- What was the genesis and what is the strategic context for such a project
- What does a catalyst project mean?
- The overall plan for the India Program.
- The construct of the team and how the team works.
- What is the team doing to ensure that capability is passed on to the community to drive sustainability of the initiatives?
- What kind of impact is the catalyst project having?
- What learnings are there for within India, for (any) other catalyst projects and indeed for community building in general across the world?
There are 3 reasons why you should attend this session
- Get an update on WMF activities in India
- Understand how community building is undertaken in a systematic way
- Debate the basic principles of catalyst projects
- Share ideas and suggestions for the India Program
- Take away ideas from the India community - which is incredibly vibrant and active
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).