Submissions/Making some noise: The I GP Wikimedia Brasil
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Making some noise: The I GP Wikimedia Brasil experience
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
MetalBrasil 18:31, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
It was during Wikimania 2011, in a small restaurant in Haifa, when the news was announced: Wikimedia Brasil shall produce a offline version of Pt-wiki. A huge serial work, including selection, analysis, technical work, etc. After the laborious work of making the five thousand list for the oflline version, the Wikimedia Brasil team noticed the general bad quality of so important articles. We could not deliver the offline version in that situation.
Then, we aceepted the challenge and it was started. The organization of the concourse which must raise the quality of that long 5,000 list, in a small portion of time. And thus, came the biggest contest pt-wiki ever had. With almost two hundred participants, in an innovator system of userteams and using bots for automatic avaliation, the I GP Wikimedia Brasil has started, receiving even media attention from some of the biggest newspapapers at the whole country, like Estadão and O Diário de Pernambuco.
And now we want to share with you our experience. Our commitment is that should be a inspiring experience to you all, and you can be sucessful working with your community in competitions and improving articles from your homewiki. Join the brazilians!
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
Wikiculture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 35 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Waiting for scholarship.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- NaBUru38 16:45, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Solstag (talk) 06:01, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- mglfilho 11:45, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- Dcrjsr (talk) 03:05, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
- Kul (talk) 23:45, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Solstag (talk) 06:59, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Graham87 (talk) 10:08, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Xelawafs (talk) 08:53, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.