Submissions/Measuring user value
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Measuring user value
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Feen (Edilson F.º)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Currently we use user edits as a measure of progress and participation and automatically understand that this is meaningful to the community. We let this guide when users can vote, be tutors or be sysops. Is it really meaningful to simply edit? The process of clicking "edit" and "save page" is an extremly simple way to get "a point" and often users will, compeled by leaderboards, userboxes and the general culture of edit counts value, reduce the steps between the two actions as much as possible.
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- I will attend Wikimania anyways if I am able to get the scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- NaBUru38 15:46, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- Steven (WMF) (talk)
- Maryana (WMF) (talk) 23:45, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- In Ukrainian Wikipedia I run few user rankings which are based on amount of text added by users. Probably we could exchange some ideas. --Amakuha (talk) 05:17, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Solstag (talk) 07:06, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.