Submissions/MediaWiki as a platform: Using Resource Loader and Semantic Forms to build a web application on MediaWiki
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
MediaWiki as a platform: Using Resource Loader and Semantic Forms to build a web application on top of MediaWiki
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
For this presentation, myself as a consultant
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Through the many extensions available to MediaWiki, and forethought in its design, MediaWiki has become an attractive and useful platform upon which to build fully fledged web applications. This presentation explores the ways in which Cancer Council Australia has used MediaWiki as a platform, using Resource Loader, Semantic MediaWiki and Semantic Forms to build an interactive web application, usable by the average doctor, to produce clinical guidelines for the treatment of cancer.
All of our work has already been released under a free license, and is available for use by the public.
Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- Yaron Koren (talk) 01:49, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Dmitri Lytov (talk) 02:01, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Danwe (talk) 17:25, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- --Guaka (talk) 23:01, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Juttavd (talk) 00:04, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Your name here!