Submissions/Practical Git for Wikimedians
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Practical Git for Wikimedians
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Chad Horohoe
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimania 2012 Planning Committee
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In the first quarter of 2012, Wikimedia is migrating all of our source code from subversion to git. Practical Git for Wikimedians aims to help educate the Wikimedia community about how we use git. Our tools and workflow will be discussed (e.g. git-review and Gerrit), and the lifecycle of a patch will be illustrated. Please note that at least beginner knowledge of git will be useful--this presentation is meant to be very practical for Wikimedia git usage and very technical in nature.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- Catrope (talk)
- Steven (WMF) (talk)
- Edsu (talk) 01:22, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Zellfaze (talk) 19:30, 19 March 2012 (UTC) Already experienced with git, but this sounds like a great topic.
- Bináris (talk) 22:20, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ironholds (talk) 16:52, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
- Varnent (talk) 02:10, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.