Submissions/See India through Wikipedia
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- See India through Wikipedia
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organ, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
India is world’s largest democratic country and seventh largest country by area. It has varied climates, cultures and religions. It is one of the fastest growing countries in the world. Advanced countries like USA and other European countries depend on India for software outsourcing. India hosts 28 world Monumental heritage sites and 5 Natural world heritage sites out of which Taj Mahal is considered to be one of the World Wonders. The National Geographic Magazine lists Kerala in the 'Ten Paradises of the World' and a must see in India.
- Mumbai the metropolitan city of India has an efficient Dabbawala system, which attracted the attention of Prince Charles who invited Dabbawalas, whose primary business is collecting freshly cooked food in lunch boxes from the residences of the office workers (mostly in the suburbs), delivering it to their respective workplaces and returning the empty boxes back to the customer's residence by using various modes of transport, to his marriage.
India is rich in wildlife and a visit to one of the sanctuaries of India viz., Kaziranga will appeal to any body with its Rhinoceros, Elephants, Tigers and other wild animals. Sitting at one place in Kaziranga one can witness not less than 30 wild animals/birds.
- The mighty Himalayas, the Paradise Kashmir and Ladakh with the highest motorable road on earth will spellbound the visitors for a repeated visit to India. Indian Railways, which runs the world's third largest railroad network connects Indian towns and cities across its breadth and length and offers convenient mode of travel.
India is a dream destination for many people across the globe. I read somewhere that some Americans aspire to visit India at least once during their life time.
- I am going to present a paper called "See India through Wikipedia and Wikitravel". It will help readers of Wikipedia, to plan their visit to India and to understand the rich cultural heritage of India.
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Photo slides depicting interesting places of India will be shown along with a talk.
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).