Submissions/Semantic MediaWiki and External Data for IT department
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Semantic MediaWiki and External Data for IT department
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Guillaume Beaudoin
- E-mail address
- solitarius (fr-N, en-2)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- A short presentation on how a MediaWiki is used to help a small IT department in a educational institution. During this presentation, I'll show how we use the wiki platform as a knowledge base. More precisely, I'll illustrate the use of LdapAuthentication to secure the wiki and make it private. How we use the Semantic extensions in that context. And how we use the ExternalData and MSSQLBackCompat extensions to query various system management databases (include VMware Vcenter and Novell ZENworks) to turn SQL queries into semantic information that MediaWiki can use within the wiki itself. I'll also talk about the challenge of maintaining a private wiki outside of Wikipedia for a small organization with limited resources and few users. I'll briefly mention the impact of upcoming changes within the MediaWiki development community on a wiki such as ours. I'll finish by talking about my future roadmap.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 10 minutes for the presentation, 15 minutes for questions
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Unlikely but possible depending on employer's approval
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).