Submissions/Synchronizing User Edits across Languages with CoSyne
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Synchronizing User Edits across Languages with the new CoSyne prototype
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- A. Bronner
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- The Netherlands
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
CoSyne is a European research and development project for automated synchronization of multilingual content in wiki environments. The project's objective is to develop a system that identifies overlapping segments in different language versions of a page, translates only non-overlapping segments and finds optimal insertion points for the translations. Modified content is presented upon user request and the user may select whether to use it or not.
The project is led by four academic institutions ( University of Amsterdam, Dublin City University, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, and Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies) and by three end-user partners ( Deutsche Welle, Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision and the Dutch Wikimedia chapter). It brings together several areas of active research such as statistical machine translation, cross-lingual textual entailment recognition and structural analysis of wiki pages for concepts identification, topical alignment and insertion points identification.
The project was introduced at Wikimania 2011. The presentation at Wikimania 2012 will describe our progress as the project enters its third and final year. The presentation will introduce new developments such as automated classification of wikipedia user edits as factual or fluency edits, synchronization of recent edits, and context-sensitive machine translation. It will also introduce an evaluation campaign planned for the end of 2012 with the Dutch Wikimedia chapter.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).