Submissions/The Positive Child of Wikipedia: Daily Positive (D+)
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no. 88
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Daily Positive (d+), non-profit initiative to publish positive news on each country of the world
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In this presentation let us tell you a story of a positive-child of Wikipedia. The child's name is Daily Positive (D+). D+ was born in Melbourne, Australia with an aim to become the largest repository of positive news on each country of the world.
D+ is a wiki project to accumulate, store and publish positive news from all the countries of the world with volunteers input. D+ collects news for each of the 365 days of the year and spreads notable, extraordinary and uplifting information from each culture. The aim of the project is to facilitate positive energy among world communities and build mutual respect and awareness. D+ is a non-profit initiative started its journey on 25 November 2010.
D+ was inspired by the success stories of Wikipedia. Like Wikipedia, D+ also aims to bring news and information from each corner of the world to its reader for free. In this presentation we would like to share how Wikipedia encourages thousands of our volunteers worldwide to bring the news and information in a central location. We have some fascinating stories to tell of the influence of Wikipedia has on D+ and we believe Wikipedian from around the world deserves to know how their works inspire others and bring the best out of individuals.
We also want to present how D+ changing life and make people feel around the globe. D+ organizes events, such as, World’s Most Positive Countries-where D+ reveals 10 most positive countries of the world and D+ Carnival-where D+ indulge, celebrate and convey happiness and pleasure from various cultures. In just over a year D+ brought hopes and confidents, to many which in turn helped them to grow individually, as a social group and most importantly as a country.
Are Wikimania audiences ready to listen to the stories of their influences that even they are not aware of? Then, this is the presentation to be!
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- I cannot for financial reason
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).