Submissions/The Sports Metaphor of Wikipedia
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- The Sports Metaphor of Wikipedia (English) / La metáfora deportiva de la Wikipedia (Spanish)
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- naburu38 at yahoo.com
- Country of origin
- Wikimedia Uruguay
- Personal homepage
- This presentation explains how to contribute to Wikipedia by using sports metaphors. It compares policies with game rules and team coaches; investigating sources and related articles with studying the game, field and rivals; working as a team with playing as a team; being civil with fair play; and enjoy contributing with enjoy playing. This way, the complexities of Wikipedia will be explained by using commonly known aspects of sports, familiar to wider audiences. The presentation is aimed at potential or unexperienced Wikipedia contributors.
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation
- 20 minutes
- English and/or Spanish (I've written the full presentation in Spanish, and can translate it to English as well as show it.)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information
- Spanish-language version
- Special conditions
- The presentation is subject to obtaining a full scholarship, otherwise I won't be abled to attend Wikimania 2012.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Sounds very interesting... be sure to use multimedia (esp. video) in your presentation:)--Saintfevrier 17:46, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- I've prepared a sports picture for each point of the presentation. I don't see how I could use videos. Can you explain your idea? Thanks! --NaBUru38 13:58, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.