Submissions/Why our system is utterly broken and prevent companies from editing ?
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Why our system is utterly broken and prevent companies from editing ?
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Christophe Henner
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
A year ago, in Haifa, I gave a quick overview on how companies could help improve Wikipedia. Few weeks after Wikimania I published a study about the quality of the CAC40 companies articles on the french Wikipedia, I also actually worked with some of those companies on how they could dive into Wikipedia.
While studying with them how they could help improving Wikipedia, we encountered many bumpholes. In 2006/7, some rules where designed to actually prevent companies from editing. On top of those rules, our system is designed for physical individuals. Both things prevent companies to easily edit Wikipedia.
In 25minutes, I'll point out what rules prevent companies from editing truthfully and what could be done to improve the situation.
- Wikis and the Public Sector
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).