This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- WIKICHANGE, a system to focus global intellect and resources at solving urgent local, national, and global problems
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- VADIM GORBACH
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- WORLD BANK
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wiki-type mass collaboration, crowd-sourcing system to identify acute local and national problems around the world, and bring together intellect and resources to solve those problems. In essence, it is an evolution of WIKIPEDIA from the knowledge trove to an action tool, and action accelerator that puts the knowledge into action. The system will help gather sufficient factual information to precisely identify the problems, then connect it to the closest global matches in the database, then help build strategy and implementation plans, and finally mobilize resources to complete steps. Such a system will help create a MATURE, HIGHLY COMPETITIVE, AND HIGHLY EFFICIENT MARKETPLACE to solve global problems. This system would be invaluable for the academic community to get stats, and descriptive information on the scope and nature of the acute problems globally. It will create an infrastructure where students can learn while solving real world problems alongside more experienced colleagues. Creating a uniform methodology to identify urgency and scale of the problems is going to bring an excellent values-based debate in itself. This is the real way to bring about the real CHANGE that the world is so thirsty for.
- THIS PROPOSAL DIRECTLY RELATES TO SEVERAL TRACKS -- Wikis and the Public Sector; WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 10 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- WILL DEVELOP DETAILED AND WELL RESEARCHED SLIDES IF THE IDEA IS SUPPORTED
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.