Submissions/Wiki education at the School of Open
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wiki education at the School of Open
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Jane Park
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Creative Commons
- Personal homepage or blog
- n/a; http://creativecommons.org/staff#janepark
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- P2PU and Creative Commons want to build a "School of Open" with you! The problem: Universal access to and participation in research, education, and culture is made possible by “openness”, but not enough people know what it means or how to take advantage of it. We want to collaborate with other open organizations, such as Wikimedia, Mozilla, SPARC, and more, to develop a learning community and growing set of skills and certifications around open standards, tools, and practices and their applicability to fields in research, education, and culture. GLAM practitioners to scientists, educators to librarians, can learn to improve their fields via the use of open tools and materials. In this hands-on workshop, we will identify the most important educational “open” topics to the Wikimedia community and develop a set of design challenges and courses to be demoed at http://p2pu.org/en/schools/school-of-open/. In line with both Wikimedia and P2PU communities, participants are expected to openly license their work under the CC Attribution-ShareAlike, or compatible license, so that they may review, revise, and adapt each others work.
- Potentially spans multiple - Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM: Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums & cultural outreach; WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- Workshop to design challenges on “open” issues relating to Wikipedia
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
- 1-1/2 hour workshop
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.