Submissions/Wikimedia Brasil style
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no. 308
- Title of the submission
Wikimedia Brasil style
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
In this presentation, we show how the working model developed by Wikimedia Brasil, during these four years, and the process that led to this model. Furthermore, we show how it can be replicated, values, and show that this model is a Wiki implemented in the offline world. We will also show the activities already undertaken, and how to reduce the cost of human and financial resources.
Besides that, the importance of the model for the involvement of civil society and the government in the Wiki world, increasing the interaction between society and Wikimedia.
And the difficulties and challenges that model brings and possible solutions to these barriers.
- Wikis and the Public Sector
- GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums)
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations