Submissions/Wikipedia for E-Book Readers
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no. 679
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia for E-Book Readers
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Heiko Hees
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
In a recent survey among Wikipedia readers, a large percentage of respondents expressed their interest in using Wikipedia offline (41%) and download collections of articles for later consumption. At the same time ebook readers, tablets and smart phones are relative low cost and widely available platforms capable to display ebooks. Providing real ebook exports (screen size adaptable EPUB instead of fixed layout PDFs) through the collection extension is a logical next step (hopefully taken until Wikimania).
Next to technical advances the presentation gives an overview on how Wikipedia enriched ebooks can be used in education.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).