Submissions/Youth and Wiki Culture
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Youth and Wiki Culture
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Sarah Dopp, Community Manager at Wikia
- E-mail address
- Send me a message
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikia, Inc
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
With the emergence of pop culture wikis, more and more wiki communities are being managed predominantly by users under the age of 20. In this presentation, we’ll look at some of the emerging patterns in wiki culture for young people today, and discuss questions like:
- What community management guidelines and tactics have been most successful with young people?
- What are the different “types” of users we’re seeing in these communities?
- What are the new latest trends, memes, and obsessions in teen wiki culture?
- What can we (as adult wiki editors, community managers, and engineers) learn from these young communities?
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Planning to attend.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Slides will be included.
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).