This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- CiviCRM - The Swiss Army knife for chapters
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Holger Motzkau, Manuel Schneider
- E-mail address
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prolineserver, 80686
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Sweden, Wikimedia Austria
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Since the Wikimedia Foundation started using CiviCRM, many chapters introduced the system. It became an important tool for handling donations, members, or newsletters. It is under steady, quick development and improvement by a quite big global community, and has the potential to be a Swiss Army knife for administrative tasks. However, as a powerfull tool, it is complex to set it up, and fast release cycles of both civiCRM and Drupal make it hard to maintain.
We present how Wikimedia Sweden and Wikimedia Austria introduced the system stepwise in the last two years, how we customized interfaces with Drupal and Mediawiki, and addressed several problems. We show how we organize our workflows, use it for accounting, the annual audit and event organization. We try to give an overview of the technical needs to introduce the system and draw a basic benefit-cost analysis based on our experiences, helping other chapters and interested parties in their decision making. Last but not least we also want to trigger the exchange of experiences and best pracitces with the system to make the usage of civiCRM even more productive.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes (15min presentation+10min discussion)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).