I'll be attending Wikimania 2012 - it will be my first major Wikimedia conference!
I'll be representing Wikimedia Australia, the chapter of which I am a board member.
As opportunities for Australians to experience face-to-face meetings with other Wikimedians are far and few between, I also hope to attend the Wikimania Takes Manhattan event in New York City just before the conference.
For more information about me, see my main user page at w:User:Chuq
I know very few Wikimedians in real life - none from outside Australia - so here is my schedule in case any like-minded attendees want to group up or share accommodation. I'm a mid-30s male, non-religious, non-smoker, easy to get along with, I hope!
- 5th - Arriving in New York (JFK) at 7pm (Hobart-Melbourne-Los Angeles-New York)
- 5th-9th - Staying in New York - at Chelsea International Hostel. Attend Wikimania Takes Manhattan events from July 6th-9th.
- 9th - Leave New York.
- 9th-11th - Staying in Philadelphia - at an AirBNB host.
- 11th - Arrive Washington DC.
- 11th - attend meta:Wikimedia Chapters Association meeting
- 11th-17th - Staying in Washington DC - at Lombardy Hotel.
- 12th-15th - Attending Wikimania, of course!
- 17th - leaving Washington DC (IAD) at 3.55pm (Washington DC-Los Angeles-Sydney-Hobart)