|תשומת לבכם: בארצות הברית אסור לרכוש אלכוהול אם הנכם מתחת לגיל 21. איסור זה נאכף בקפדנות. יש להביא תעודה המעידה על גילכם בעת רכישת אלכוהול (כגון רישיון נהיגה, או דרכון).
Drinking & nightlife
- Contents of this guide derived from Sarah Stierch's AdaCamp DC guide, from WikiTravel and local knowledge of the organizers
The quirky interior of Chief Ike's Mambo Room
- Asylum - $ - V - Best dive bar in Adam's Morgan. A good place to go on the weekends when Adam's Morgan is filled with drunk idiots. If you like punk rock, you'll like this place. 2471 18th St NW
- Black Squirrel - $ - V - Canadian owned pub with poutine and burgers. Lots of vegetarian options. Booze wise they have a nice beer list, with different beers served on all three floors, and absinthe as well. 2427 18th St NW
- Chief Ike's Mambo Room - $ - One of the more interesting bars in the neighborhood, Chief Ike's has live music and DJ's on the weekend. Check the website for more info. 1725 Columbia Rd NW
- Tryst - $$ - V - Hip cafe and coffee shop with a bar and food. Popular day and night with locals for good conversation and free wifi. They have awesome coffees!! 2459 18th St NW
- 18th Amendment - $$ - Pennsylvania Ave SE, between 6th & 7th St, Capitol Hill dive bar
- Molly Malone's Capitol Hill Saloon - $$ - 8th St SE, between G & I ST, spicy shrimp mac & cheese and more
- Phase One - $ - Phase is the oldest lesbian bar in the United States. A dive bar, it's the heart of the lesbian scene in DC.
- Fado Irish Pub - $$ - A delightful Irish pub in the heart of a hotel. Good music (real Irish people work there!) and a good place for large groups. They live live music (acoustic) on the weekends. A surprisingly cool place in the heart of Chinatown. They also have standard pub fare as well. 808 7th St NW
- Iron Horse - $$ - Motorcycle themed bar, two floors, with games in the basement (i.e. classic video games and carnival games). 507 7th St NW
- RFD - $$ - One of the largest beer lists in the city, RFD is quite popular with locals and tourists alike. Better beer than food. Large place and good for big groups. 810 7th St NW
- Riot Act - $$ - DC's finest comedy club. Serves drinks and food, as well. 801 E St NW
- Off the Record - $$-$$$ - V - A legendary basement bar at the most historical hotel in the city. Across from the White House, Off the Record houses a history of Washington politico you'll only get in..well..Washington. Great old school cocktails, a nice winelist, and nice small plates, too. It's quite an experience!
- Lima Bar & Restaurant - $$$ - nice happy hour spot, turns from a lounge to a club after 9pm
Foggy Bottom / Farragut
- Tonic - $$ - near the venue at 21st & G St NW
- Froggy Bottom Pub - $ - inexpensive place for food and beer, patio seating when the weather is warm, and some pool and foosball in the back.
- 51st State Tavern - $$ - 2512 L St NW, between 25th and 26th St NW, relatively inexpensive sports bar
- Spellbound - $ - Is a gothic industrial night held at Recessions at the Quincy Hotel.
- The Mighty Pint - $ - dive bar, happy hour all day until 8pm
- HR-57 - $ - One of the country's only non-profit BARS, dedicated to the preservation of jazz music. You can BYOB to this bar and hear some of the best jazz from around the world. 816 H St
- Little Miss Whiskey's Golden Dollar - $ - One of the best bar's in the city. A total dive that makes you feel like you're in New Orleans. A total blast with a great and awesome staff. Cash only. 1104 H St NE
- The Pug - $ - Dive bar who's motto is: "No idiots. No bombs. No shooters. No specials. No politics. Relax. Drink. Be cool. Behave." 1234 H St NE
- Red Palace - $ - DC's burlesque club, which has three bars, a performance hall and a cat that lives in the bar. 1210 H St NE
The exterior of the Red Palace, with its sideshow theme.
- Sova - $$ - Sova is a wine bar and coffee shop with free wifi. Nice place to cozy up and chill on a chilly day. 1359 H St NE
- ChurchKey - $$ - The city's most famous beer hall, this place is a modern twist on the concept. The largest beer list in the city, and one of the top 10 largest in the country, ChurchKey serves hundreds of beers on tap and in bottle, from around the world. The menu will make your beer loving mind explode. They also offer appetizers ranging from to die for housemade tater tots to foie gras. 1337 14th St NW
- Bohemian Caverns - $$ - The coolest jazz venue in the city, Bohemian Caverns looks just like that - the decor is built to look like a cave. Miles Davis performed here, and it has affordable and more expensive options for live jazz depending on the day of the week. Really, one of the coolest places in town. 2003 11th St NW
- DC9 - $ - Dive bar with a nightclub upstairs and a lounge downstairs. Cool, hip crowd and laid back. 1940 9th St NW
- Nellie's Sports Bar - $$ - Don't let the name fool you, this is actually a gay "sports" bar, with multiple floors and as many personalities. A good place to watch a game also. 900 U St NW
- Patty Boom Boom - $ - If you're into reggae, this is is your place. Live music and DJ's nightly, with the best reggae in the city. They also serve Jamaican patties and classic Jamaican cocktails. 1359 U St NW
- Vinoteca - $$ - V - The city's finest wine bar is casual and cool with a contemporary feel. Wine by the glass and bottles from around the world, they also serve tapas style food. 1940 11th St NW