Submissions/Are you staying or going? (editor statistics)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Should I stay or should I go now? (Editor statistics)
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Finne Boonen
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- nlwiki, Leiden University
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Contributor retention is an important topic for any community project.
Why and how Wikipedia editors stay or leave is continuously debated; when polled, there are as many theories as there are respondents.
Leaving qualitative (the "why") research aside, this presentation focuses on the quantitative ("how much"), aspects of editor retention.Statisticaly speaking, how do edit patterns differ between those who stay and those who go?
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Not sure yet
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).