Submissions/Ask the Language Support People
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Ask the Language Support People
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Siebrand Mazeland
- E-mail address
- smazeland AT wikimedia DOT org
- Country of origin
- The Netherlands
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
At the Wikimedia Foundation, the Localisation team takes care of language support on a daily basis. It takes care of large features, bug reports that are about language support and site requests about language support. It maintains the extentions WebFonts, Narayam, Translate and Babel, that are all used in some or many Wikimedia wikis. Next to this, some of the team's developers also facilitate the thousands of translators at translatewiki.net on a daily basis. During this session, most of the Localisation team's developers, as well as some volunteer developers and language related facilitators willbe available for questions and discussion.
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Not applicable.
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).