Don Osborn @donosborn
Have worked on support for localization in African languages for some years, with Bisharat.net, the PanAfrican Localisation (PanAfriL10n) Project, and African Network for Localisation (ANLoc). Also co-founded the "AfrophoneWikis" group (see below).
Particularly interested in strategies for development and use of African language editions of Wikipedia, in the spirit of Jimmy Wales' vision of Wikipedia in everyone's language.
Personal pages on Wikipedia(en), Meta-Wiki & Tech@State
"AfrophoneWikis" is a discussion/interest group on African language Wikipedia projects, begun in 2006
- Email list on Yahoogroups (includes also a page of relevant links)
- Page on Meta-Wiki
- Proposed Meetup
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Africa
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Languages
- African languages page on Meta-Wiki
- The Africa Project page on Meta-Wiki
A couple of comments on items posted in the run up to Wikimania
- "Democratizing development through Wikipedia," Posted by Adrienne Alix on July 10th, 2012 (Wikimedia blog)
- "Democratizing Development through Wikipedia and other Open solutions - Liveblog & webcast," World Bank Live, July 11, 2012