Submissions/Culture fr.wikipedia: What can we learn from a short ethrographic study about the french speakers community of Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Culture fr.wikipedia: What can we learn during a short ethrographic study about the french speakers community of Wikipedia.
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Presentation or workshop.
- Author of the submission
- Lionel Scheepmans
- E-mail address
- Lionel Scheepmans
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Community member
- Personal homepage or blog
- My wikivesity user page
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- The 27 of february 2011, I was a wikipedian newbie who created a new account to discover what is behind the free encyclopedia. I mean, how it's working and how people organize this "self-work". My plan was to compare english, portuguese and french comunities and writing my master thesis in anthropology about this subject. I didn't have imagine how could be complex this hidden world. Six month later, I just had time to finish a (maybe) complete review of the french speakers part of wikipedia... Here is what I've learned, :
- Wikipedia is not so free that a newbie can imagine.
- Wikipedia is a real democratic place for sharing knowledge with a real soft democratic control of humans behaviors.
- Wikiversity is a powerful democratic tool research for creating and sharing scientific knowledge outside of academic corporation system.
- Wikipedia is a very special contexte for a anthropological study where maybe was born a new epistemological paradigm in social science.
- Wikipedia can be an intercultural, transnational and heuristical place to observe evolution of a part of humanity.
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- Can be 25 Minutes or longer.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Probably not.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- A video projector can be welcome.
- Special request as to time of presentations
- If my topic will be selected, I will probably need a Sponsor Wikimania to arrive from Belgium to states.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).