Submissions/Feedback mechanisms in course wikis
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Feedback mechanisms in course wikis - (preliminary) results from five different studies
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
FZI Research Center for Information Technology
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
This presentation will introduce feedback mechanisms as a motivational aspect to raise contributions in course wikis. In total five studies have been conducted in different higher educational courses. In total more than 400 students participated in these wikis. The goal of the feedback mechanisms is to motivate the students to participate actively in the wiki with contributions on the contents of the lecture, and thus, to achieve a higher number of individual contributions per student. The results of the field experiments indicate a positive impact of feedback on the willingness to participate in the wiki for any of the used feedback mechanisms, with highly convincing findings for the social ranking feedback mechanism. Also the results will be discussed in terms of personality traits and technology acceptance, because NEO-FFI (NEO Five-Factor Inventory) and UTAUT (Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology) data were collected. In this context mediating factors might be presented.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
25 Minutes including questions and discussion
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Depends on scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
not yet :)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).