Submissions/How Wikimedia can benefit from companies ?
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- How Wikimedia can benefit from companies ?
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Christophe Henner
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
A year ago, in Haifa, I gave a quick overview on how companies could help improve Wikipedia. Few weeks after Wikimania I published a study about the quality of the CAC40 companies articles on the french Wikipedia, I also actually worked with some of those companies on how they could dive into Wikipedia.
This presentation aim to show how companies are the new GLAM and will be able to support our mission by provinding great quality contents.
- Wikis and the Public Sector
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Though in french, here is the infography from the study : http://www.blogoergosum.com/28412-entreprises-cac40-wikipedia-livre-blanc
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).