Submissions/Imparting knowledge to the next generation, the role of wikimedia clubs in Ghana
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- IMPARTING KNOWLEDGE TO THE NEXT GENERATION,THE ROLE OF WIKIMEDIA CLUBS IN GHANA
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- EBENEZER FRIMPONG
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- WIKIMEDIA GHANA
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Of late,the reading habits of the younger population in Ghana has reduced drastically.In order to reverse the situation,plans are well advanced for the formation of WIKIMEDIA clubs in primary schools and tertiary institutions, across the Country.There would be regular meetings between WIKIMEDIA GHANA and members of the proposed clubs.Off-line wikipedia software would be readily available to all members.Members would be trained in a way (with regards to WIKIPEDIA services)that could help draw more members, to the club.A reading network would be in operation that will help stabilize the situation.If WIKIMEDIA GHANA succeeds(there is no doubt),this initiative must be copied by other countries in Africa.Illiterate free Africa campaign would be in operation.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
- no prefeence
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).