Submissions/India Education Program : From a Campus Ambassador's Perspective
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- India Education Program : From a Campus Ambassador's Perspective
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Arnav Sonara
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- The India Education Program was started by Wikimedia Foundation as a part of Global Education Program. Pune was chosen as the city in India which would run IEP as a Pilot Project, being one of the active Campus Ambassadors since its planning and execution my presentation will give idea about how we planned and selected colleges which would run IEP, how we tried to manage more than 800 students and 25+ professors and about 30 Campus Ambassadors, how did we convince them to edit Wikipedia, what were the difficulties faced and how did we try to tackle them while running IEP. India Education Program was also by far the biggest Outreach done ever. My presentation will be based on the factual statistics, findings, learning, and analysis of the entire India Education Program. Right now IEP has been stopped since WMF staff members are analyzing the Pilot project, my presentation will be based on that analysis too. In short it ll be a kind of review from a Campus Ambassador's perspective. My aim of presentation is to give a review about how IEP was managed and lots and lots of findings and learning during this phase regarding getting more and more volunteers to Edit Wikipedia.
Who should attend this?
- CAs from other program
- Outreach volunteers
- WMF reps
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector/GLAM - Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums/WikiCulture and Community/Research, Analysis, and Education/Technology and Infrastructure)
- Research, Analysis and Education
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- It depends on scholarship then.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- I cannot wait! Will this be an epic story, a horror story, a comedy, or a tragedy? Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:45, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
- Interested to listen.Balajijagadesh 12:29, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- --Frank Schulenburg 16:56, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- --Cindamuse 14:34, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
- Risker 04:24, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- BPositive (talk) 19:50, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- Annie Lin (talk) 21:42, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
- AbhiSuryawanshi (talk) 14:39, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- --Brest (talk) 15:15, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- Mvkulkarni23 (talk) 18:54, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Dsvyas (talk) 22:15, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ldavis (WMF) (talk) 23:10, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Eloquence (talk) 00:30, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Odisha1 (talk) 07:51, 19 April 2012 (UTC)