Submissions/Internationalization of Wikipedia: What Has Not Been Done Yet
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Internationalization of Wikipedia: What Has Not Been Done Yet
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Presentation and discussion
- Author of the submission
- Dmitry Lytov
- E-mail address
- socion <at> rambler <dot> ru or don.lytov <at> gmail <dot> com
- User:Dmitri Lytov
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Securitas Canada
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- For more than 5 years I have been engaged in various aspects of interwikification, from simple translation of articles up to making interwikis between articles in rather exotic languages. In my opinion, there are several aspects in Wikipedia's global structure that may be improved. These include:
- a special Wikitranslator user interface (with some easy-to-implement features)
- some types of user boxes should become elements of the global user account
- interaction between Wikipedia users needs improvement
- some problems related to low quality of translation are related to Wikipedia's interface itself.
I would like to describe during my presentation how these problems may be solved based on existing Wikipedia's technologies and solutions.
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes (including discussion)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Power Point presentation
- Special request as to time of presentations
- I have submitted two presentations for Wikimania, and I would appreciate if they will go in two consecutive days.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).