Submissions/MK Education Program
This is a withdrawn submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- MK Education Program
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Dimce Grozdanoski
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Republic of Macedonia
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Macedonia
- Personal homepage or blog
- NA (http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10281345)
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The presentation is about the long term 2012/2015 project "Macedonia at Wikipedia", which is supported by the Macedonian Government.
Common working group, with members from the Ministry of education and science, Ministry of information society and administration, Biro for education developing and Wikimedia Macedonia was created activity plan on the outreach programs in universities, secondary and elementary schools as well as other public institutions.
The main goals of this project are to attract the students and teachers from the universities and secondary schools to create and edit Wikipedia articles, and to use Wikipedia in educational system (university, secondary and elementary schools level) as a learning source, also to spread collaborative wiki way of work, learning and sharing the knowledge.
This project will spread across few wikipedia language editions, mostly in Macedonian but also at least in Albanian, Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Turkish (languages spoken by minorities) and may be in English, German, French and other.
The presentation will give idea about how we tried to manage the programmatic activities in about 10 universities, about 100 public secondary schools, more than 400 public elementary schools and of course the students and teachers/professors in our educational system, how we planed to coordinate their work at Wikipedia, how to manage this massive collaborative work either on-line and off-line in institutional way, what were the difficulties faced and how did we try to tackle them while running the project.
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
Slides is under preparation and will be ready by the presentation time.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- GastelEtzwane (talk) 23:11, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ldavis (WMF) (talk) 23:12, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Your name here!