Submissions/Open Licenses and GLAM What makes sense?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Open Licenses and GLAM: What makes sense?
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Greg Grossmeier
- E-mail address
- User:Greg G
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Creative Commons
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Creative Commons (CC) and other open public copyright licenses enable the wonderful collaboration and sharing Wikimedia projects expect. In the world of GLAM material when does it make sense to use a CC license and when does it make sense to use some other tool such as the CC0 (“CC Zero”) Waiver or the Public Domain Mark? These questions are tricky and dependent on many factors and this presentation will try give you the tools you need to answer these questions.
- GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums)
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Unsure at this time.
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.
- Edsu (talk) 01:21, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Mindspillage (talk) 03:41, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Iopensa (talk) 11:25, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Beat Estermann (talk) 00:15, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Kippelboy (talk) 07:09, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen - WiR/OS (talk) 09:04, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Shunlingchen (talk) 18:00, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- SupaplexTW (talk) 05:54, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Shujenchang (talk) 04:22, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
- Boite-en-Valise (talk) 18:51, 2 July 2012 (UTC)
- Your name here!