Submissions/REPORT A BUG - A success story of Polish Wikipedia article feedback tool
Not going to happen, since speaker could not come to Wikimania.
This is a withdrawn submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- REPORT A BUG - Success story of a Polish Wikipedia aritcle feedback tool
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- short presentation
- Author of the submission
- Marcin Cieślak
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Polish Wikipedia
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Polish Wikipedia has a unique feature to report a problem with an article - always present in the sidebar for the anonymous users, it enables people unfamiliar with Wikipedia to report an error, omission or other problem with the article they are currently reading. This feature has created an enormous amount of feedback to the editors. Many Wikipedia editors dedicated their effort to handle reports provided by this feature.
I would like to demonstrate this feature as well as to propose a short discussion on this approach vs. Article Feedback Tool as currently deployed on other wikis (including the English Wikipedia).
This presentation can be made very short - technically this feature is very simple. However, I hope it might provoke an interesting discussion among the participants, hopefully about future direction of mw:Extension:Moodbar and mw:Article feedback features.
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk
- 5-10 minutes to present the feature; additional 5-10 for questions and discussion
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- I would especially be interested in a comparison with the Article Feedback Tool; having some numbers or graphs would be lovely. odder (talk) 00:48, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- --Amakuha (talk) 04:59, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Logicwiki (talk) 09:59, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 19:32, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- SarahStierch (talk) 00:35, 25 March 2012 (UTC)
- Graham87 (talk) 13:16, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.