Submissions/Small process helpers: The case for widgets
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Small Process Helpers: The case for Widgets
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikimedia projects are well known to include extensive amounts of complicated process. Whereas the Gadgets architecture in Wikimedia has been used quite successfully to improve process usage by experienced users, it has been underused in providing process usability enhancements for new users. Recently, I implemented a Gadget on the Wikipedia Teahouse's "ask a question" page that improved its usability substantially.
This panel is a discussion of how we might implement similar "widgets" to improve the experience of new editors.
Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- HB-NCBI (talk) 14:37, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen - WiR/OS (talk) 15:47, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- the wub "?!"
- Léna (talk) 23:40, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Juttavd (talk) 00:05, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Fabrice Florin (talk) 16:09, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Sumanah (talk) 18:08, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 19:36, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.