Submissions/Sustainable Minority Outreach
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Sustainable Minority Outreach
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Presentation and Workshop
- Author of the submission
- Fiona Apps
- E-mail address
- User:Panyd on en.wikipedia
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
GLAM has become a new frontier for Wikipedia, but how are we looking into the future and how can GLAM be used to solve other problems the Wikimedia community is facing? Having worked with a subset of Wikimedia minorities (namely women), my proposal will show how GLAM outreach as well as talks can create sustainable Wikimedia communities. These communities not only incorporate new editors and their retention but also GLAM materials and a wider public knowledge of the Wikimedia commmunity as a whole.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- N/a GLAM?
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Carolmooredc (talk) 15:45, 16 March 2012 (UTC) Very important topic but only see this one proposal so far. You should beef up with some "global south" and others group presenters since this might get dismissed as a more vague proposal than others about women editing wikipedia.
- Shani (talk) 02:34, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- Kippelboy (talk) 07:07, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.