Submissions/Towards a new interface of Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Towards a new interface of Wikipedia:
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Dmitry Lytov
- E-mail address
- socion <at> rambler <dot> ru or don.lytov <at> gmail <dot> com
- User:Dmitri Lytov
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Securitas Canada
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- The current interface of Wikipedia has both its strengths and drawbacks. In this presentation I would like to draw attention to some possible global improvements of Wikipedia mechanism and interface:
- why it can be useful to merge articles with categories (as different subpages)
- userboxes or elements of global user account? Answers may be different, depending on the case
- some challenges (and possible improvements) related to multilingualism of Wikipedians and Wikipedias (considered in further details in my other presentation).
- further integration between Wikipedia, Wictionary, Wikimedia, Metawiki and why it makes sense.
- split articles into several "information zones" to accelerate access to the database and decrease server/database loads.
- WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes (including discussion)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Power Point presentation
- Special request as to time of presentations
- if possible, on the next or preceding day to my other presentation
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).