Submissions/Why Wikipedia needs a modern discussion system
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no. 92
- Title of the submission
- Why Wikipedia needs a modern discussion system
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Brandon Harris
- E-mail address
- Jorm (WMF)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
This presentation will be a discussion about several aspects of discussion on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia sites, how we're failing at it, what that means for the projects, and what needs to happen to fix it. We'll go over different kinds of user communication styles, how different discussions are formed, and the curation and moderation thereof.
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- the wub "?!"
- Beat Estermann (talk) 00:24, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Fabrice Florin (talk) 16:08, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Sumanah (talk) 18:02, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 19:57, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- SarahStierch (talk) 23:21, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
- Graham87 (talk) 13:43, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Beeblebrox (talk) 20:59, 23 April 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.