Submissions/Why people avoid wikipedia? - In the case of Korean Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Why people avoid wikipedia? - In the case of Korean Wikipedia
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Ellif de arsle
- E-mail address
- ko:User:Galadrien / ellif
- Country of origin
- South Korea
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Inha University
- Personal homepage or blog
- http://ellif.tistory.com (Korean)
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In recently, Our foundation concerns about decrease of editors of Wikimedia projects. I want to talk about why and how we can change this phenomenon (at the viewpoint of culture management methodologies?), with cases of Korean wikimedia projects. In Korean wikimedia projects, bureaucracy are spreading (Like Korean Wiktionary, which makes sixth largest project in a Wiktionary, but only one administrator exists and he controls all over project, so, even many Korean Wikipedia editors don't use or attend it ever), and I think these phenomenon will be like in another projects also. And I think that, to make methodologies to resolve these bureaucracy and unfriendly attitudes to newcomers, can effect to another projects also.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes (I can make presentation in 20 minutes. If you can make more time for talk, It'll be great.)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- According to results of grants.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- NaBUru38 15:50, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 21:11, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 16:02, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- Steven (WMF) (talk)
- Zellfaze (talk) 20:13, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- C.R.Selvakumar (talk) 01:29, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.