Submissions/Wikifying for World Peace
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikifying the World for World Peace
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Lee Sai Men
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- I will present information regarding how the Wikimedia Foundation can help maintain world peace. I may sometimes use non-verbal movements in the presentation to help prove my point on non-verbal languages like sign and body languages. In the case that assistance is required regarding the explanation on a particular subject, I will simply explain it if the subject is worth knowing. Maintaining world peace is something that everyone would like to have. For each and every one of us, we did feel isolated from the rest of the world before, which is why this presentation may help those to learn about world peace and built a generation of globally accepted people. The Wikimedia project sites Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons has helped in this cause as to maintain surveillance in situations across the world. Aside those two, other Wikimedia project sites has also helped us learn about things around us. I feel that this abstract may not be enough to calmly resolve the situation regarding world peace but I'm sure everyone dreams of that in the past and present. We can be worried about the future if war ever breaks out again. It can be the end of a person's life as we know it. Nobody wants to die mercilessly. As I know, Wikimedia, as a US foundation, is able to sustain itself to help us learn. There is no limit in learning about everything. Hope you can accept this proposal and listen to my explanation about the world and Wikimedia.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- That'll depends on the present conditions.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- The software used in the presentation is Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
- I'm not available on Monday to Friday every week (Except during school holidays).
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).